Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Little Chef

Yesterday, I decided to make beef ghoulash. It's a simple one-dish Hungarian receipe of beef stew with vegetables.

Ash wanted to help so I roped him in to wash the vegetables. I told him to pick 4 carrots and celery from the fridge which he promptly went to do so. After that, i put the vegetables in a bowl for him to wash.

I wish I could tell you this is a totally supervision-free activity. But no.

My little chef almost succeeded in washing the carrots in hand soap if I had not turned my head in time to see why the water was running for so long. He thought it was the only way to remove the dirt from them.

I'm glad, however, to announce that there were no casualties with bubbles frothing from their mouths
.

While letting the beef simmer in the stew, Asher went on to make a pizza.


Voila! His finished work before it went into the oven toaster.
Ingredients: Ready-made pizza dough, Prego's Mushroom Pasta Sauce, Chicken Franks and Mozzarella Cheese.
I won't recommend eating this too often though. Sausages tend to be sodium-chloride loaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment